Wednesday 3 July 2013

Simple Guacamole

I have to confess that I have never been a lover of avocado's, but recently my friend Eva has converted me with her delicious guacamole that she made me. 
It turns out that guacamole is so easy to make, and with the addition of a few ingredients, its really delicious! 

(Scroll down for the recipe)

Of course the Guacamole must be served with tortilla chips (my favourite!). 
I love R.W Garcia's tortilla chips, as they have a lot of really delicious flavours. The Thai, Blue and Veggie ones are the best. Waitrose sells the Thai ones in the gluten free section, and the others are available at places like Whole Foods or other independent fine food shops. 


Recipe: (serves about 4)

- 3 ripe Avocados 
- Good sprig of Coriander
- 1/4 red Onion
- Juice and zest of 1 Lime
- 1 medium sized Tomato, chopped finely
- Sprinkle of Chilli flakes

To make:

- Put all of the ingredients, apart from the tomato, in to a food processor and pulse until combined. Scrape down the sides and whizz again, but make sure not to whizz too much as this will make it too smooth - as you want to have a few chunky bits. 

- Stir in the tomato bits and then put the Guacamole in to a pretty bowl. Serve with plenty of tortilla chips and preferably enjoy with friends! 



Enjoy! 

xXx




No comments:

Post a Comment