Friday 21 June 2013

My Great Gatsby style birthday dinner!

 I have just celebrated my 22nd birthday, and this year I decided to have a little girly dinner party with my closest friends! I am also rather obsessed with the Great Gatsby and the 20s, after having read Scott Fitzgerald's book last summer and deciding that I was really born in the wrong decade! And with Baz Lurman's recent film- which was wonderfully arty and mesmerising. So a Great Gatsby theme it was!

I started the morning with my family and these cupcakes which I had made using a Mary Berry recipe (you can always trust her to produce the goods!). Unfortunately I didn't take any photos of the process, but here is the recipe: http://www.redonline.co.uk/food/recipes/mary-berrys-lemon-cupcakes. I  made 2 flavours, Vanilla and Lemon, and I added some lemon curd/ Strawberry jam in to the middle of my cupcakes to jazz them up a little. 


Mmmmm  pretty cupcakes!


Here is my Great Gatsby style dining table, and below are my lovely guests!


Here is me in my Gatsby attire!





 I just had to share this picture of these enormous fresh pastries that I enjoyed the morning after my birthday on Fathers day! They are from a local farm shop, where you buy them frozen and then unthaw them over night in a warm place and then in the morning they are HUGE and ready to pop in the oven for 15-20mins! Yummy!




xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment