Saturday 22 December 2012

Festive Gingerbread Biscuits!


So its Pre-Christmas weekend and I had my friend Eva staying with me and we decided it would be fun and festive to bake some Gingerbread men/ biscuits!
They were so tasty, and fun to decorate! My giant gingerbread woman ended up looking more like a man though hehehe! The recipe is below! 


Gingerbread biscuit recipe: 
(Its meant to make 20 big men but we made about 60 medium sized biscuits!)

-350g Plain Flour
-1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
-2 tsp ground ginger
-1 tsp ground cinnamon
-125g soft butter
-175g soft light brown sugar
-1 egg
-4 tbsp golden syrup
-Icing sugar and decorations

How to make:

-Sift flour, bicarb, ginger and cinnamon together and pour in to a food processor. Add the butter and whizz until it looks like breadcrumbs. Then add the sugar and whizz again.
-Beat the egg and golden syrup together and add to the food processor and pulse until it comes together.
-Take the dough out, knead slightly into a ball and wrap in cling film. Then leave it to cool in the fridge for about 15 mins or longer.
-Preheat the oven to 180c. Then roll out the dough and cut out your biscuits in to your desired shapes! 
-Place on to a greased baking tray and bake for about 8-10 minutes, but keep an eye on them as they burn quickly!
-Leave them to cool on a wire rack and then decorate them how you like!



Operation gingerbread men!


Our gingerbread family and biscuits ready to go in to the oven!


I was so excited to use smarties to decorate the biscuits as I havent eaten them in years and I absolutely love them!


Our mass of baked gingerbread! 
(note: many had already been eaten at this point!)


And here were our finished biscuits once we had decorated them and eaten half of the decorations!



Then that evening I went over to my best friend's house which feels like my second home hehehe!! And I had some wonderful Champagne to kick off the Christmas celebrations!



Merry Christmas!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment