Monday 15 October 2012

Chicken and Fennel Ragu!


So, this recipe was recommended to me by Eva, and it was very yummy indeed! I cooked it last night for my Aunt, my Dad and I, the original recipe says to add new potatoes to the ragu but instead I roasted them separately for some crispiness! But this was another really warming winter meal, and I had forgotten how much I like fennel! 

(Below is the ragu before adding the tomatoes and stock) 


The recipe: (serves 4 people, generously)

- 1 large fennel bulb
- 1 Banana shallot, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 red pepper (I used half yellow and half red)
- 3 large Chicken breasts, diced in to large chunks
- 1 x 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 150ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp paprika


To make:

-Half, then quarter the fennel bulb and then cut in to large slices, then cut the pepper in to long strips. 
-Heat some oil in a large, deep frying pan, and add the chicken to colour. Then add the onions, peppers, garlic and fennel and cook for a further 5 mins, moving it around to cook evenly
-Add the chopped tomatoes, stock, paprika and chili flakes and bring the ragu to the boil. 
-Then cover the pan with a lid and turn the heat down to its lowest and leave to lightly simmer for about 20 minutes. Make sure to stir occasionally
-Then serve with anything you like, I served ours with roast potatoes and some brocoli! 


Below is the finished Chicken and Fennel ragu! 
Thanks to Eva for passing on the recipe!





No comments:

Post a Comment